- You must have a Vinita Public Library card in good standing or a Guest Use permit to access library computers. Use of another patron’s library card may result in the revoking of computer privileges for both the card holder and the user of the card.
- Library staff may provide brief guidance as requested in the use of computers and electronic resources to satisfy information needs. If you are unable to operate a computer or need more than brief guidance, please bring someone to assist you.
- Wireless access on personal laptops and other devices does not require a library card. By choosing to use this free service, you agree to abide by this Policy, which you may view at the Circulation Desk or on our website. Library staff cannot be held liable for the contents or performance of your device. No guarantee is made that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- Internet computers are divided by age group – Adults will use computers in the main library. Children under age 18 will use computers in the Children’s area. All computers will automatically shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- E-mail accounts are not provided by the Library; however, email accounts can be established with a web-based email service.
- Library computers are scheduled for 90-minute sessions. If there are no pending reservations, this time may be extended in the staff’s discretion.
- Printing is available from library computers for a fee. Printing is not available for personal laptops. We use a coin-operated printer. The library does not have any control over how accurately pages will print from the Internet, so use of the Print Preview feature is encouraged. Print charges will be refunded only in cases of printer malfunction.
- Computer use in the Library will be managed in a manner consistent with the Library’s Behavior and Unattended Children policies posted in the Library.
- Information will not be released on a person’s use of specific Internet resources except as required by law or necessary for the proper operation of the Library.
Use of the Library computers is construed as acceptance of the Vinita Public Library’s Computer Usage Policy and agreement to its terms and conditions. Failure to comply with this policy will result in revoking of privileges for one year.
The Library’s Internet terminals or wireless access may not be used to libel, harass or threaten others, to engage in unlawful activities or unauthorized use, or to tamper with hardware or software belonging to the Library or the City of Vinita. I understand that files may be downloaded or saved only to a removable storage device, and that the Library is not responsible for any loss of data or damage to any device connected to their public computers. In consideration of the privilege of using the Vinita Public Library’s Internet terminals and wireless access and having access to the free information contained within it, I hereby release and hold harmless the City of Vinita, its officers, agents, servants, or employees, volunteers, representatives, or advisors from any and all legal liability or responsibility for any and all claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the Library’s Internet terminals or wireless access whether or not caused in whole or in part, by alleged negligence of the City of Vinita, its officers, agents, servants, employees, volunteers, representatives or advisors.
It is understood that from time to time, the Vinita Public Library may amend its policies because of changes in relevant applicable legal or regulatory requirements, its business practices, or in order to better serve the public. Notice of such changes will be posted on the Library website. Disagreements with any aspect of this policy may be appealed to the Vinita Public Library Board.
Approved by the Vinita Library Board on Jan. 18, 2022